Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Wedding

Well it has been some time since I have blogged, so it will take me some time to get back into the swing of things. I am working on planning our wedding.  And let me say WOW!!  We have talked about getting married for years....two of them now.  We have had a date set two years ago, but changed our minds.  Not that we changed our minds about getting married, but changed our minds about having a wedding then.  So here we are, well here I am, planning a wedding.  I say I am because Robert is really too busy to plan with me.  Robert works crazy hours and doesn't have the luxury to chase after wedding venues or plan the food.  Thankfully, Robert trust my decisions and is willing to let me plan.  I have my maid of honor helping along.  Well the maid of honor also happens to be my 15yr old daughter, who enjoys oohing and ahhing over flowers, great looking food and checking out wedding venues. 

The first thing I have tackled is the ceremony.  Both of us are not mainstream religious so that is a bit difficult   We do not agree to any certain religion but have our own personal beliefs.  We had an idea of what we wanted, but wasn't sure how to implement them.  Thankfully, I found a "ceremony" that is close enough to what we want and to be able to add implement a few extra ideas.  We will be having a Quaker wedding ceremony.  Crazy I know. The interesting thing is my family, on my father's side, are Quaker.  I never grew up worshiping as a  Quaker.  Actually, I grew up Southern Baptist and did a change over to Pentecostal.  Of course now I have my own beliefs.  Robert grew up Catholic but doesn't practice this either.  Actually now we are more pagan in our beliefs so we will be including hand-fasting in the celebration. The Quaker ceremony gives us a better opportunity to include friends and family and a few other few tricks up my sleeve. 

We are these really outgoing people, but when it comes to things personal to us, simple is the way we go.  My plan is for our wedding to be simple, but classy, personal but with a hint of flash. 

If you want to know more about the ceremony, hop over to beliefnet and check it out.
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/2001/03/Whats-An-Unprogrammed-Quaker-Wedding.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment