Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Venues and life

So there is constant search on venues around here.  We live in West Texas so there is not a lot of gardens or outdoors-y type venues.  Robert and I are not church people so that is out and around here that really limits our venue choices.  We had planned on getting married in the Sandhills in Monahans, however with just one set of friends and our immediate family that makes exactly 30 people and the building only holds 30 people.  There has been some interest from others wanting to attend so now we have to find a bit larger venue space.  However, I do not want to go over 50 people.  The more people we have the more food we need, larger venue, more decorations....more money.  We are paying for this ourselves and have a small budget according to sources.  And our budget has to include dress and rings and EVERY thing else!!  We are now looking at the Hathaway Cottage in Odessa.  It holds a few more people and has the potential to offer a nice out door area.  At least that is my hope! LOL  

On to life:
We went to Marlin this weekend.  It is always hard going back home since my father passed.  Patti is always is a sweetie and sends back items of dad's.  That is the hard part.  I always feel like I am stealing or something taking back my father's things.  Alex received a pair of my dad's biker boots, Drake several of dad's shirts and each boy received one of Dad's belts.  Lynsie made out with my dad's Eeyore slippers, although I am not really sure why my dad had those.  I have my dad's ...umm not sure what to call it....jewelry box??  It is designed for men.  It still smells the same as when I was child.  I have opened it several times to smell it.  I hate grief.  I really hate grief. 

Okay, I have potentially bored you enough.....off I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment