Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year (a few days late!!)

Wow I can't believe it is already 2012!!  I still remember when it turned 2000 and we all thought the world would end.  Okay...so maybe not all of us!!  But now we are here zooming into the future and there still are no flying cars.  I am highly disappointed...I mean as a child of the 80s we all thought by now there should be flying cars!!  

So its the New Year and I am quite excited about it.  I determined to embrace this year full of positive thoughts and feelings and beliefs.  One of my goals of the year is to rid myself of negative everything.  And yes this includes people.  I am not allowing drama in either.  I have started removing friends from my Facebook account.  For myself, it is the largest source of being bombarded with negative.  

Robert and I have set the goals for ourselves and are so excited to embrace them and succeed.

Goals include: paying off of a few things.  Loosing weight.  Quitting smoking.  (OH MY!!) and of course getting married.  (big grin!!!)  Oh yeah, and I am going to school!!  

Today I am taking my dear daughter with me to a bridal show.  I wish Robert could be with me, but since his work schedule is so crazy, I have the next best person..and probably the one who cares the most...my daughter!!  Who by the way is now 16yrs old.  

I am sitting here with my hair being dyed.  I have grey, but I refuse to give in and go grey.  I am far to young and cute to be sporting mousey brown and grey hair!  Plus, part of my charm is my funky hair cut and black and raspberry hair!  I am hoping my hair color won't clash too much with my wedding colors!! LOL

As for 2011, I am glad to have closed that chapter.  I had to say good-bye to a dear friend as well as my father.  I had a moment yesterday where I almost picked up the phone to call him.  It was horrible not being able to.  That has been the largest source of grief...the simple, permanent cut off of communication.  So with all of that said.....good bye 2011 and hello 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment